Supporting the University of Missouri System is an investment in the future of our state.
The University serves Missouri citizens and communities through its mission of teaching, research, public service and economic development across our four universities and MU Extension. Support of the following priorities will help us carry out our core mission.
Legislative Priorities for 2019 include:
Building for the Future
Provide priority consideration for new assets that will transform our universities ($125 million):
- MU Translational Precision Medicine Complex ($75 million)
- UMKC Conservatory of Music and Dance ($50 million)
Funding the Core
In total, UM System requests $416.8 million in core funding:
- $416.8 million in continuance of core operations appropriated in FY19
- Up to $72.5 million in new performance funding tied to current performance measures and new workforce development initiatives
The University also plans to pursue the following:
- Enabling legislation for integration of SSM St. Mary's Hospital with MU Health Care in Jefferson City
To contact the Office of Government Relations, please call 573-882-2726.